“HROne MobileFirst HCM has helped us automate our entire HR functions end to end be it -Time & Attendance, Payroll, Recruitment, Training or Workforce Management. Not just our productivity spiked, the level of satisfaction among employees has also risen manifold. Over 3 years of unprecedented support, commitment and wonderful experience with HROne, it deserves no less than an 8 out of 10.”
Head- Human Resources ~ Shyam Metalics Group of Industries
Efficient HR Processes
Increase in Employee Satisfaction
Blossoming with over 15 years of excellence, the name of Shyam Metalics Group of Industries is on everyone’s mouth when it comes to the most trusted business houses in the country. It has spread its wings widely, thereby encompassing long steel product and pellet capacity, amongst the largest producers of Ferro Alloys domestically and the fourth largest player in the Sponge Iron industry in terms of annual installed capacity.Shyam Metalics operate three manufacturing plants, one in Odisha and two in West Bengal. The aggregate installed metal capacity of manufacturing plants is 2.90 MTPA (comprising of intermediate and final products).Manufacturing plants also include captive power plants with an aggregated installed capacity of 164 MW.Odisha manufacturing plant caters to customers in the Southern and Western India whereas West Bengal manufacturing plants caters to customers in Northern and Eastern India.
The sole aim of the group is to create value through sustainable industrial and business development processes.
- With the growing workforce, recording, and managing data in excels consumed considerable HR hours and increased complexity.
- Addressing & resolving employees queries in person resulted in loss of productive hours of the HR department. It also led to increased costs as employees had to travel from various locations to the corporate office to manually log their concern.
- Time inputs were processed manually on excels and with a usual punching software resulting in erroneous paid days, reconciliation of the same would again require more time and efforts from the HR team.
- Manual sourcing and selection of candidates via emails took more time than anticipated & hampered quality talent acquisition.
- With centralized Employee Master, duplicacy of the data is controlled; ensuring accuracy and better visibility to the HR department.
- Employees’ experience is enhanced with the powerful ESS & Mobile app. Helpdesk elevated overall employee satisfaction level with timely resolution of their queries.
- The synchronization of the biometric system with the time & attendance module eliminated proxy attendance as well as consistent paid days input thereby saving huge costs to the company.
- Employee hiring became a piece of pie as almost all the steps involved in the recruitment process became automated resulting in faster decision making and hiring.