Attendance Management System
Attendance Management software with zero manual interventions
Steer clear of manually updating time and maintaining excels with simplified Time and Attendance tool synced across modules like Core HR software and payroll management softwareRequest A Demo
What is Attendance Management System?
An attendance management system is a software tool used to track and manage the attendance of employees. The system captures data on when employees punch in and out along with their leaves. This information is used to generate reports that help managers make informed decisions about scheduling, payroll, and other functions.
HROne attendance management system is cloud-based, allowing employees to clock in and out using mobile devices or desktop. The system can also be integrated with other HR software to automate various processes and reduce administrative burdens. It offers multiple options for attendance marking, customizable leave policies, real-time attendance tracking and overall streamlines HR operations.
What makes HROne Attendance Management Software the best?
HROne attendance management system for integrated time tracking and scheduling
Easy attendance and time tracking software that lets you auto calculate your team paydays, time offs, holidays and more.
Our Clients See Value in it, Yours Will Too
“Attendance management has always been our biggest challenge. Thanks to HROne for simplifying the process for us. Using the software, we save a large chunk of time and money.
VP, Human Resources, APML
“Location based attendance marking in an amazing feature of HROne. Now, marking attendance while working from home or anywhere has become super easy!
Shivali Chandel ,
HR Manager, NGRT
“Geo Attendance feature of HROne is saving lots of time. Now, on-field employees can mark their attendance directly from working sites with HROne mobile app.
Head Of Human Resources, NOCPL
Leave the “leaves” to us.
- Configure your leaves
Fix the number of earned leaves, CSLs and paid leaves in the system while confining it to a group of employees or one of your office premise. Create different leave types while giving them a code in the system. Choose the leave cycle and much more.
- Set your credit policy
No need to remember or strain yourself for manual update. Name and add multiple leave policies. At the start of every month, new leaves are also auto credited by the system.
- Update leave balance
Import the leave balance once, start the leave credit scheduler and forget about updating the leave balance manually forever.
- Encash or carry forward
Specifty the paid leaves you want to be encashed. Enable the leave carry forward policy, set the minimum leave balance and do much more.
No more time-killing with manual work
- Set Policies as per your requirements with our Attendance Management System
Put certain or all employees on auto present, enable flexi or strict policy or activate sandwich policy and deductions- do it all, the way you like.
- Zero Manual intervention
At the end of the month, attendance can be pre-verified by the manager or the employee himself. The arrears are updated on its own to avoid even the slightest of payroll error, leaving the manager with more time to view performance management software and appreciate/ help employees with their goals.
- Select attendance cycle
Choose the cycle that fits your paid days calculation process- Calendar, manual, actual or optimistic to process the attendance seamlessly.
- Fix attendance calculation
Select the attendance calculation method that fits your organisation- Min-max, timesheet, or odd-even and enjoy right work hours calculation done automatically every time!
Overtime & Compensatory Off
Pay or compensate for extra hours smartly
- Set the limit
Define your overtime and comp off policy by setting the minimum no. of hours to apply for overtime, deciding the time to round off the OT, choosing the OT generatio formula, capping OT hours, enabling OT multiplier and a lot more.
- Get into the minutest details
Define the break deductions and mark the days on which you don’t want to pay OT. When the comp off attendance date set by you passes, the comp off generated gets auto expired.
- Put the chase to a halt
A simple 2 step verification process follows, where first employee verifies, post which manager approves the Overtime hours.
Release calendars in a go
- Make Multiple Calendars
Stop making calendars every now and then for office at different locations. Make multiple calendars once and publish them in a few taps.
- Circulate the floating holidays
Make a holiday calendar informing employees about all the restricted/floating holidays throughout the year. Limit the holidays that individuals can take from those holidays. If employee has any query, he/she can raise a question in the helpdesk management software.
Set and run schedules like a breeze
- Make multiple number of shifts
Start making as many shift types as needed while also defining the shift rotation policy to declutter the whole process.
- Configure the parameters
Manage shift policy on daily, weekly and monthly basis to meet the needs of various departments.
- No last day hustle
Not just the HR but line managers also get to add and edit the shifts of their teams to avoid any last day calculations that ultimately leads to errors.
- Use the provision for Shift allowance
Decide the scenarios you want to give your employees shift allowance for and the amount against them so that no extra effort is left unappreciated.
- Know your Superpower
As an HR, you can overwrite what is wrong or import bulk shifts in a matter of few clicks.
Manage multiple work timings as per your workforce
- Set policy
Mark the minimum work hours you want your workforce to complete. Fix the shift timings, maximum login time for full day present and more to mark employees as present or absent everyday.
- Flexi Shifts
Leverage the HRIS software to mention total work hours and the morning buffer time so that the employees get some relief when they are getting late due to traffic or any other reason.
- Strict Shifts
Fix the shift timings to bring more discipline into your organisation. For instance- 9 am to 5 pm so that the biometric attendance software marks the employee as half day absent if he comes after 9 or leaves before 5.
- Break shifts
Especially made keeping in mind the hotel industry, break shifts can be used to count the total work hours throughout the day leaving the hours long break taken during the shifts.
Pay only for the actual work hours
- Process attendance automatically
You need not execute the complex process, just fix a date to process attendance on its own.
- Receive email intimation
Sit back and relax while the process is being done! As soon as it is completed you get an intimation over email.
- Get a glimpse of it all through dashboard
The attendance dashboard helps you see the loopholes that can lead to wrong paid days calculation. Get error alerts, non mapped policy, pending arrears information, reminders for leave and much more.
Get Whereabouts of your workforce
- Go Mobile
Keep a tab on your workforce working outside the office premise. Let them punch via mobile, share photo, location and much more using our geotracking, geofencing, live photo capturing feature.
- Integrated biometric attendance system
See the first and last punch record along with raw punches to calculate the total working hours thereby eliminating the non-reliant methods to keep a track of attendance.
- Regularize the attendance
Set the regularisation limit for the times when employees forget to punch in or punch out mistakenly and let them regularise.
- Mark on duty for out of office work
Use the provision to mark on duty for the times when an employee is working from home or visiting a client with our best HRMS software.
Process backdated attendance corrections in a flash
- Create and customise the policy
Easily stipulate the arrear policy and set the limit for arrear payment in the attendance and leave management software to 1 months backdated arrear or more. Decide the magnitude of leverage you want your workforce to enjoy.
- Correct backdated attendance
HROne HRMS software allows employees/you to correct previous months’ attendance even after the salary for those months has been processed by the payroll management software. Skipped or forgot doing attendance correction is never a problem again!
- Auto adjust paid days
Once the backdated attendance is corrected by the user, whether the arrear is positive or negative the payroll software is prompted to auto adjust the paid days and process the salary accordingly.
Attendance and leave updates at your fingertips
- Attendance Calendar
Get a bird’s eye view of your attendance through a personalised calendar that shows your attendance for a given month at a time. Look at the days you have completed the work hours on and the days you need to correct the attendance for.
- Apply and approve attendance corrections
Whether it is regularisation, restricted holiday, leave, or on duty request- the employees can apply and the managers can approve in a few taps on the go through their mobile.
- Mark attendance from anywhere/ on field
Each employee can mark attendance irrespective of where they are. The mobile app empowers your workforce to geomark or geofence their attendance when they are on-field or out of office for office work.
- Check balance
Employees can check their leave balance and apply, plan for the current and next month respectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
- An attendance system at the workplace is used to track the presence and absence of employees. It is an essential aspect of managing human resources and maintaining accurate records. The primary function of an attendance system is to ensure that employees are showing up to work as scheduled and to monitor the time they spend on the job. This information can be used to calculate payroll, manage employee schedules, and identify patterns of absenteeism or tardiness.
- The traditional method of attendance tracking involved paper-based systems, where employees signed in and out on a physical attendance sheet. However, with the advancement of technology, online attendance management systems have become increasingly popular.
- One of the primary advantages of a attendance software is its accuracy. The system automatically records employee attendance, which eliminates the possibility of errors that can occur with manual methods. It also provides real-time data that can be accessed by management, enabling them to make informed decisions regarding employee scheduling, overtime, and payroll.
- Another essential function is to ensure compliance with labor laws and regulations. This includes tracking employee breaks, overtime hours, and vacation days. By accurately recording this information, employers can ensure that they are meeting legal requirements and avoid potential legal issues.
- In conclusion, an attendance system at the workplace is an essential tool that enables employers to manage their workforce effectively. By providing accurate attendance data, ensuring compliance with labor laws, and offering additional features such as automated timekeeping and performance tracking, attendance systems can help organizations improve productivity and profitability.
Attendance management system is an essential tool for any organization or company that seeks to monitor its employees’ attendance patterns and optimize their productivity. Here are some of the key reasons why attendance management systems are important:
- Time and Cost Saving: With an attendance management system in place, companies can save time and money that would have been spent on manual processes such as capturing employees’ attendance data, tracking absenteeism, managing time-off requests, calculating payrolls, and managing leaves. The system automatically captures and manages all of these processes, freeing up HR staff to focus on more strategic tasks.
- Improved Efficiency: Attendance management systems are designed to increase efficiency by automating time-consuming processes. This enables HR personnel to quickly and easily monitor attendance records, keep track of employee hours, and create accurate timesheets.
- Compliance with Labor Laws: Attendance management systems help ensure that organizations are complying with labor laws by accurately tracking employee attendance and hours worked. This is important because non-compliance with labor laws can lead to costly fines, penalties, and legal issues.
- Enhanced Productivity: Attendance management systems can also improve employee productivity by helping organizations to identify patterns of absenteeism or tardiness. This allows HR managers to take corrective actions such as re-scheduling, training, or disciplinary actions to address the issue before it affects productivity and the bottom line.
- Easy Accessibility: Many modern attendance management systems are web-based and can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. This means that HR managers can monitor employee attendance records remotely, making it easier for them to manage their workforce from anywhere.
- Data Analysis: Attendance management systems also provide valuable data insights that can help organizations optimize their workforce. By analyzing data such as employee attendance records, HR managers can identify trends, patterns, and areas of improvement that can help them make informed decisions about scheduling, recruitment, training, and more.
In conclusion, attendance management systems are essential for any organization or company that wants to manage their workforce effectively. They offer a range of benefits, including time and cost savings, improved efficiency, compliance with labor laws, enhanced productivity, easy accessibility, and valuable data insights that can help organizations optimize their workforce.
Here are the steps to track daily attendance with HROne:
- Login to HROne: Log in to your HROne account with your username and password.
- Go to Attendance Module: Once you are logged in, click on the “Attendance” module in the left-hand menu.
- Add Employee: To add an employee, click on the “Add Employee” button and fill in the required details such as employee name, ID, and other relevant information.
- Set Attendance Policy: After adding an employee, set the attendance policy for the employee based on their work schedule, leave policy, shift timing, and other attendance rules. You can also create different attendance policies for different employees based on their job roles and requirements.
- Mark Attendance: Once the attendance policy is set, the employee’s attendance record will appear on the dashboard. To mark daily attendance for an employee, click on the “Mark Attendance” button next to the employee’s name.
- Choose Attendance Status: Select the attendance status for the employee, such as “Present,” “Absent,” “Late,” “Early Going,” or any other custom status created by your organization.
- Save Attendance Data: After selecting the attendance status, click on the “Save” button to record the attendance data for the employee.
- View Attendance Report: You can view the attendance report for an individual employee or the entire organization by clicking on the “Attendance Report” button on the dashboard. The report provides a detailed summary of attendance data, including attendance percentage, leaves taken, and more.
In conclusion, tracking daily attendance with HROne is a simple and straightforward process that helps organizations manage their workforce effectively. By using HROne’s attendance module, organizations can automate their attendance management processes, reduce errors, and gain valuable insights into their workforce’s attendance patterns.
Here are the steps to monitor attendance at work with HROne:
- Login to HROne: Log in to your HROne account with your username and password.
- Go to Attendance Module: Once you are logged in, click on the “Attendance” module in the left-hand menu.
- View Attendance Dashboard: The attendance dashboard displays the attendance data for all employees in your organization. It provides a quick summary of attendance data such as the number of present employees, absent employees, latecomers, and early leavers.
- Customize Dashboard: You can customize the attendance dashboard to display the attendance data for specific dates or periods, specific departments, or employee categories.
- View Employee Attendance Records: To view the attendance record of an individual employee, click on their name on the attendance dashboard. This will display their attendance record for the selected period, including the date, in-time, out-time, attendance status, and any other relevant information.
- Manage Attendance Exceptions: HROne also provides a feature to manage attendance exceptions such as leaves, latecomers, early leavers, or any other custom attendance status set by your organization. You can easily manage attendance exceptions by clicking on the “Manage Attendance Exceptions” button on the attendance dashboard.
- Generate Attendance Reports: HROne allows you to generate attendance reports for specific periods, departments, or employee categories. The attendance reports provide a detailed summary of attendance data, including attendance percentage, leaves taken, and other relevant information.
In conclusion, monitoring attendance at work with HROne is a simple and efficient process that helps organizations manage their workforce effectively. With HROne’s attendance management module, organizations can automate their attendance management processes, reduce errors, and gain valuable insights into their workforce’s attendance patterns.
A standard attendance policy is a set of guidelines and rules established by an organization to regulate and manage employee attendance. It outlines the expectations and obligations of employees regarding their work schedule, attendance, and punctuality. A well-defined attendance policy helps to ensure that all employees understand what is expected of them in terms of attendance and leaves, and what the consequences of violating the policy are.
Here are some of the key components of a standard attendance policy:
- Work Schedule: The attendance policy should clearly define the work schedule for employees, including their start and end times, break times, and meal periods.
- Punctuality: The policy should state that employees are expected to arrive at work on time, and if they are unable to do so, they should notify their supervisor or manager as soon as possible.
- Absences: The policy should outline the types of absences that are allowed, such as sick leave, personal leave, and vacation time, and the procedures for requesting these types of leave.
- Consequences: The policy should clearly state the consequences of violating the attendance policy, such as disciplinary action or termination, and the steps that will be taken to address any attendance issues.
- Compliance: The policy should emphasize the importance of compliance with the attendance policy and the consequences of non-compliance.
- Flexibility: The policy should also include provisions for flexibility in attendance, such as telecommuting or flexible work arrangements, where appropriate.
In conclusion, a standard attendance policy is a vital tool for organizations to regulate and manage employee attendance. By establishing clear expectations and consequences, organizations can ensure that employees understand the importance of attendance, and the organization can maintain productivity and meet its goals. A well-written attendance policy should be communicated clearly to all employees, regularly reviewed and updated as needed, and enforced consistently across the organization.
Several factors can influence attendance in the workplace, but three main factors are:
- Employee Motivation: Employee motivation is one of the primary factors influencing attendance in the workplace. If employees are motivated and engaged in their work, they are more likely to attend work regularly and punctually. On the other hand, if employees are demotivated or disengaged, they may show poor attendance, absenteeism, and tardiness. Organizations can influence employee motivation by offering incentives and rewards for good attendance and creating a positive work environment that fosters employee engagement and job satisfaction.
- Work Environment: The work environment can also have a significant impact on employee attendance. If the work environment is safe, healthy, and comfortable, employees are more likely to attend work regularly. In contrast, if the work environment is hazardous, stressful, or uncomfortable, employees may miss work due to illness or other factors. Employers should strive to create a safe, comfortable, and healthy work environment that promotes employee well-being and attendance.
- Personal Life Circumstances: Personal life circumstances can also influence employee attendance in the workplace. Employees may have personal responsibilities such as caring for a sick family member or attending to personal health issues that could affect their attendance. Moreover, factors like traffic, transportation, and weather can also impact employee attendance. To mitigate the impact of personal life circumstances on attendance, employers can offer flexible work arrangements such as telecommuting or flexible work schedules that accommodate employees’ personal responsibilities.
In conclusion, employee motivation, work environment, and personal life circumstances are three significant factors that can influence attendance in the workplace. Employers should consider these factors and take appropriate measures to address them and encourage good attendance among their employees.
- An attendance management system, also known as attendance management software is used to track employee work hours and the time-off taken. It helps companies in paying their employees fairly and optimise their work hours. Besides, it supports payroll automation and helps in staying compliant with the government rules, while minimising errors.
- The attendance system works by collecting attendance timings through a medium like biometric, mobile app, web or any other tool synced with it. The data collected is then used to determine if the employee has completed work hours, how many days he was on leave or absent. This data is imported to payroll software to compensate the employee with the amount he is entitled to get from the company for a given month.
The right attendance management software offers a gamut of benefits. Some of them are below.
- Error-free and compliant- It keeps a record of the time and reduces errors, likely to happen with manual data entry
- Saves money- There is no time abuse, absenteeism, buddy punching or overpayment
- Saves time- It saves the time of the HR team by keeping track of hours and importing it to payroll
- Provides analytics- It empowers the HR and management with data insights to analyse and improve
- Quite Integrable- It is integrable with third-party hardware and software like biometric, and payroll software
- More than 500+ renowned brands trust HROne with their attendance management system. HROne is a well-integrated attendance tracking software from the last decades. Unlike other attendance software, it lets you focus on pressing issues like absenteeism, and productivity, while it auto-calculates the paid days, absences, leaves, overtime, and holidays.
Marking attendance in HROne attendance and leave management software is an easy task. It can be done with the help of the web as well as a mobile app.
Your employees can clock in and clock out in the following ways-
Type 1: Marking attendance on a day-to-day basis from office premises
- Click ‘Mark Attendance’ on the Home Screen
- In-Time and Out-Time will be automatically fetched from system
- Submit Attendance
(Configure ‘Check-In’ policy to enable marking attendance of your employees)
Type 2: On Duty- For marking attendance from the client’s place or any other remote location
- Click on Request and raise a new request
- Select the On Duty option (on the top right corner of the screen)
- Select On Duty dates or range as per your needs
- State/ Choose Reason for Request, Start and End Time and mention comments if any
- Click on Add and then Submit your request for approval
(Your request for On-Duty will be sent for approval (either to reporting manager, HR, or more) as per pre-defined workflow)
Type 3: Attendance Regularisation- For correcting backdate in-time and out-time
- Click on Request and raise a new request
- Select the Attendance Regularisation option (on the top right corner of the screen)- in case you want to mark attendance for backdates
- Select the date from the calendar (you can select the range too.)
- Choose either- Forgot In, Forgot out or Both (as per your needs)
- Fill in dates, start- time and end-time
- Submit your request
(Your request for attendance regularisation will be sent for approval (either to reporting manager, HR, or more) as per pre-defined workflow)
HROne is ahead of other attendance software providers as it offers-
- Special Google-like action-driven searches to find attendance data of a particular employee or get information like who takes most leaves, who is most punctual etc.
- It instructs payroll to auto-adjust arrears for the backdated corrections
- The system lets you configure the shifts as you like- Strict, Flexi, Break
- It also lets you use biometric, geo-tagging, geofencing via mobile app or on duty to mark attendance
- With it, you can set overtime and comp off policy defining the smallest of details like minimum extra hours req. to apply overtime and more
In short, HROne does revolutionise the way you manage attendance, giving everyone in the organisation the experience they deserve!
HROne mobile app is like a replica of its web application. You can do 90+ tasks from the app itself. When the talk comes to attendance management software specifically here are a few ways the app empowers everyone-
- Allows employees to check leave balance, attendance data through a single dashboard
- Lets everyone apply, approve, edit and reject the leaves and attendance corrections
- Users can also mark attendance using the mobile app. This is a great help for the remote work model, sales and on-field employees
Yes! HROne is great for companies that encourage employees to mark attendance with or without the conventional ‘biometric way’. We offer-
- Geofencing that allows you to confine attendance marking within a particular area
- Geomarking attendance, suitable for remote work model or freelance employees to mark their attendance from their respective locations
- Biometric sync to let employees punch when they enter and leave the office
- On duty requests are one other way to mark attendance for on-field employees
- All can be done on iOs, android and the web.
Having clients from more than 20+ industries across India, we understand the requirements that people working in hospitality, manufacturing, healthcare, media and such industries have. Our product team has carefully accommodated every possibility that HRs managing multiple shifts
- We let you set multiple shifts and their rotation policy
- We provide the option to set shift allowance and the power to managers to edit and exchange shifts
- You also get to categorise shifts as strict, Flexi and break while mentioning the rules for each.
- You can choose to set the shift roaster to automatic so that once set you don’t need to check and change every week or month.
HROne attendance management software is present all ove India and their experts are available in Delhi, Mumbai , Chennai, Hyderabad, and Bangalore. Nevertheless, they are ready to visit your office even if it is not in the cities mentioned.
Why choose attendance management software by HROne?
Keeping a track of attendance is the most redundant task. When this goes wrong more than 13% employees face challenges in every pay period. The rework, dissatisfaction and stress rise automatically.
Unlike other time attendance software, when companies use HROne attendance management software, they firmly say that it helps them manage not just the in and out times but also shifts, policies, overtime, leaves and arrears automagically.
Managing attendance with zero manual intervention is not the only benefit, there is a mobile app too! It helps employees and managers mark and approve attendance respectively while it can also be synced with biometric attendance software.
When you get to do so much more with a single attendance management system, why would you not want it? Fill the form to know more now!